- Region Stadt Zürich / Zürichsee
- Art des Vertrags Dauerstelle - Vollzeit
- Tätigkeitssektor Industrie diverse
For our client leading supplier of high-performance fiber lasers and photonic crystal fibers, located in Zurich, we are looking for an individual as
Senior Mechanical Engineer(Permanent employment, fulltime). The earliest start date is as soon as possible.
- Responsible for opto-mechanical development for laser products throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Forming new and innovative design concepts and taking ownership of opto-mechanical system designs.
- Supporting prototype assembly and testing and driving design improvements.
- Ensuring product compliance and certification according to industry standards.
- Working closely with the Global Ultrafast laser group to shape the company's global mechanical engineering practices.
- Interacting with project and product stakeholders and communicating information clearly across the Engineering organization.
- Defining plans and co-ordinating mechanical work packages within the product development process.
- Ensuring documentation, Bill of Materials management and release of all work via company systems.
- Will take the lead on some work packages.
- Will work within a multidisciplinary team on product design. Responsible for providing customer focused solutions.
- Mentoring other team members. Takes ownership and reports on the progress of project work packages and improvement initiatives.
- A relevant engineering degree.
- Ability to take ownership of and lead product development in mechanics.
- Expert in opto-mechanical design and drawing standards for precision CNC machined and sheet metal parts. Preferably Solidworks proficient.
- Skilled at communicating and collaborating with management, other engineering disciplines and team members.
- High level of attention to detail and commitment to quality and reliability.
- Hands-on practical skills and knowledge of state-of-the-art manufacturing methods. Finite element analysis or flow simulation expertise advantageous.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to work on multiple concurrent activities.
- A dynamic team player who can support the design and creation of leading solutions.
- Able to work with resilience in dynamic situations. Working on projects supporting optical and electrical engineers with design solutions, must be flexible and collaborative.
- Excellent listener and communicator.
- Greater than 5 years of industry experience in opto-mechanical design of hi-tech equipment over the complete product life cycle. Experience and knowledge of optical systems or lasers is desirable. Experience of working with external partners and in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Approximately 10% annually or less, mostly within Europe, potentially globally.
- Business English is required.
Interested? You can find more information here: Infopackage. Please apply via the "Bewerben" button below and answer all questions, otherwise we will be unable to process your application.
- Agentur GPP AG - GLOBAL RECRUITMENT - +41 44 266 50 25
- Veröffentlicht am 3. August 2022
- Berater-in Jie Zhu