- Region Basel
- Art des Vertrags Dauerstelle - Vollzeit
- Tätigkeitssektor Chemie / Pharma / Biotechnologie
For our client, a leading science-based agtech company in Basel, we are looking for an individual as
Head of Biological Data Exploitation and Predictive Science
(unlimited contract, full-time). The earliest start date is as soon as possible or within 6 months.
- Build and lead a team of data experts driving data exploitation, predictive science and systems development related to field trials to support successful data driven crop protection product development globally
- Drive data analytics needs for Crop Protection development in the different product lines (Weed Control, Disease Control, Insect Control, Biologicals, Lawn & Garden, Seedcare)
- Design, communicate and implement technical strategies for data management in Product Development
- Collaborate and align with other R&D functions and regional teams, IT, Marketing, as well as key third parties to deliver the CP R&D strategies
- Lead the development of tools for data capture, analysis, and interpretation together with R&D IT to enable step change in product knowledge and speed up project decisions
- Create value by championing data and digital platforms that meet the cultural needs and capabilities of a global organization, share best practices, and align across regional biological data experts
- Lead the global data exploitation and predictive science activities in Global Product Biology
- Drive strategic innovation in data exploitation and predictive science for Crop Protection field trials
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of data scientists with expertise in biological data management, modeling, and statistics
- Lead the development of new systems for data capture, exploitation, and storage of data
- Prepare the organization for step changes in biological data analytics
- Establish digital solutions that support trialing excellence and successful product offers
- Establish KPIs and metrics for the performance of the global field trialing capacity to enable continuous improvement and prioritize investment.
- Post-graduate degree in data science relating to biological R&D
- Biological qualification with digital, IT and/or analytics capabilities
- Experienced in different software development concepts and methodologies, e.g. Agile and Devops
- 8+ years of experience overall. Including experience in people management and a technical role or external experience in data management in matrix organization
- Broad understanding of digital tools and data analytics software
- Proven track-record of delivering successful development projects in country/region/global role
- In-depth knowledge of data exploitation and predictive science, preferably in the context of biological or agricultural Research and Development
- Translate numbers and complex data into conclusions and simplify it into an easy-to-access model and support the decisions for scientific or business purposes.
- Understanding of the R&D organisations, and key processes involved with development of new active ingredient and products
- Fluent in written and oral English.
Interested? You can find more information here: Infopackage. Please apply via the "Bewerben" button below and answer all questions, otherwise we will be unable to process your application.
- Agentur GPP AG - GLOBAL RECRUITMENT - +41 44 266 50 25
- Veröffentlicht am 16. November 2021
- Berater-in Marijke van Engelenburg